Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 1: Arriving

The Plane!

The View from my Seat

































The Inside of the Plane

















Traveling to Quinter was not too difficult. I had to be up bright and early. My flight to Denver, Colorado was pretty normal. I was supposed to get a window seat but someone was sitting there already! Even though the window seat was on my ticket, I didn't want to be a nuisance and ask him to move. I slept through the whole flight and didn't feel the turbulence that lasted the whole end of the flight.

From Denver I was to fly to Hays, Kansas. My flight was delayed but it wasn't too bad. The actual flight was different from any other flight I had ever been on. There were only two crew members, the pilot and the co-pilot. The plane was also different from any plane I had ever flown on. It seated nineteen people and there was no bathroom. The flight had only eleven people. Almost every single seat was a window seat. It was very loud and I could see one of the propeller from my window. I fell asleep on this flight as well.

Almost a second after I walked through the airport in Hays I met the Herl family. They gave me a very warm welcome and I warmed up to them quickly and easily. We drove back to the town of Quinter and the drive was nice. Hays is not to far from Quinter. There was almost no traffic and everything was flat. You could see for miles uninterrupted by buildings or hills.

We drove for a bit more and then we got home. We hung out and I got used to the house. Saturday night happened to be movie night so we had Sloppy Joes and settled in to watch Ender's Game.

So far I am liking it here. The Herl family welcomed me with open arms and made me feel at home right away. I'm looking forward to going to school and meeting even more new people.



No comments:

Post a Comment