Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 7: Family Farm and Castle Rock

Moms and Calfs

Baby Calf

Part of Castle Rock



















































This was my last full day in Quinter. The activity planned for me that day was to go to the Herl's farm. Their farm was for beef cattle. They own thousands of acres a little ways outside of Quinter. This is where the cattle live. Right now is calving season so there were hundreds of baby calfs. Most of the visit was driving through the land that they owned and seeing all the cows and calfs. These cows and calfs will eventually end up in an auction where other farmers or feedlots will buy them. From there, they will probably end up in burgers and other meat products. After that, Bethany and Abby decided to take me to Castle Rock. Castle Rock is a rock formation on the outskirts of Quinter. We explored castle rock for a while before going home to pack.

I've had an amazing time in Quinter. I would have loved to stay longer. I made many new friends and have gotten a peak into the lives of people In a completely different part of the country. This was an eye opening experience for me. I would love to go back again or do something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment